Best Insurance Services
Feb 15, 2016
Your home is sacred. It’s where you and your loved ones live your lives. It’s where you go to be safe and protected from the world. The last thing you want is for someone to violate your home by breaking in, taking away not only your possessions but your peace of mind.
So what can you do to keep this from ever happening? You can do a lot of small things which add up in order to create a well-rounded home protection plan.
Follow these tips from Best Insurance Services Inc to help make sure your home is not an easy target for burglary.
Closing and locking windows and doors may seem obvious to protect your home against burglary, but you’d be surprised how often this general rule is disregarded. Here are a few tips to make sure your home is adequately locked up:
· Use a deadbolt on any door that leads outside.
· If you have windows on the side of your door, have a Plexiglas cover installed to protect it from being broken.
· Put a wooden dowel or pvc pipe into the runners of your windows and sliding glass doors.
· Close your curtains or blinds when you’re not home.
· Make sure your pet door is secure.
· Close your garage door.
· Don’t leave your car idling in the driveway.
Doing just these few things will significantly lower your chance of a break in.
Do you have expensive equipment inside your house? Did you just buy something worth stealing? Don’t advertise your goods!
· Don’t keep expensive items near a window or door.
· Be sure you don’t have packages left on your porch.
· When throwing away boxes, be sure they’re completely inside your trash can.
Usually, burglars only break in if they already know you have something that is worth the risk. So don’t let them know!
There are many gimmicky tools on the market to deter burglars, but the most effective ones are also the simplest and often the least expensive.
· Prune shrubs and trees that are near your home’s entrance points.
· Use motion detector flood lights.
· Put a “No Soliciting” sign on your door.
· Use a timer on an indoor light.
· Employ a security system or service, or at least use a generic sticker saying you have one.
· Get a dog.
· Get to know your neighbors and watch out for each other.
Remember, for a burglar, the more complicated it seems to get in and out of a house quickly, the more likely they will pass up your home as a potential target.
There is one last thing you can do to protect yourself and your stuff. When you purchase homeowners or renters insurance, not only will your personal property be covered, but you’ll have property damage, liability, medical and living expenses coverage options as well.
No home is ever completely immune from a burglary, but when you consult with Best Insurance Service we’ll help you get the coverage you need and deserve.
23940-A Ironwood Ave
Moreno Valley, CA 92557
9AM - 7PM Mon - Fri
10AM - 4PM Sat