Best Insurance Services
Jan 28, 2015
There are many benefits to having a clean home. Not only does it provide a more peaceful atmosphere, alleviate stress, and help you focus on what’s really important, it helps you take care of what is most important as well. Regularly cleaning your home ensures your family remains free from toxins, germs, and other hazards that could harm them.
However, keeping a home neat and tidy is often a trial. With spring just around the corner, there is no better time to prepare your home for spring cleaning. These five easy tips will help you on your journey to a happier, healthier home.
1. Set a Time. It is important to schedule a designated block of time to complete your spring cleaning. Don’t schedule anything else during this time and plan in advance. Find a spring cleaning schedule that works best for you. While most people find it easier to do as much as they can in a single day or weekend, you can split up the time as needed. For example, you can focus on doing one room or section of the house each night of the week.
2. Create a Plan. Write down a plan to help keep your spring cleaning organized. Determine which areas of the house need the most work and what tasks will be most time consuming. Also ask yourself which tasks will be the dirtiest. By cleaning the exterior of your home or garage first, you reduce the amount of dirt, dust, and debris continuously brought into your home. No matter what you decide, write it down, make copies, and be flexible.
3. Stock Up on Supplies. From wood polish to garbage bags, to new storage bins, try to purchase all the cleaning and storage supplies you’ll need ahead of time. It will save you trips to the store and precious energy. This also allows you time to discover what products you love and which will be most useful. Read reviews, make sure you know what type of cleaning products to use on specific materials, and familiarize yourself with how long it takes for certain chemicals to work.
4. Enlist Help. When it comes to spring cleaning, the saying is true: Many hands really do make light work. Invite family and friends over and then plan something fun to do together afterwards. Make sure to let your helpers know ahead of time and include their tasks in your spring cleaning game plan. Take any physical limitations into account when assigning different chores.
5. Start Small. Get a start on your spring cleaning by completing small tasks ahead of time. Whether it is organizing the DVDs or making a more concentrated effort to fold the laundry, small steps can add up in the long run.
When all off your hard work is done, there is one more thing to do to ensure it lasts for years to come. To protect your house and the things that make it home, make sure your insurance is up to date. As your most valuable asset, peace of mind comes when you are certain your homeowners insurance is personalized to fit your family’s individual situation. Learn more about insuring your home this spring by visiting Best Insurance Services Inc. today. There’s no better time than spring to give your home and your insurance a fresh start.
There are no comments yet.
23940-A Ironwood Ave
Moreno Valley, CA 92557
9AM - 7PM Mon - Fri
10AM - 4PM Sat